This is a course designed to provide shop safety practices with steering and suspension systems.
- Review of basic electrical circuits.
- Understanding of tire deigns, styles and sizes.
- Tire dismounting and mounting.
- Wheel balancing and road load balancing.
- Tire pressure monitor systems servicing and valve stem servicing.
- Operation and servicing of wheel bearings.
- Designs and service of springs.
- Designs and service of struts, and shocks.
- Operation and service of computer-controlled suspension systems.
- Front End steering and linkage designs and servicing.
- Designs and serving of rack and pinion systems.
- Operation and service of power steering systems.
- Alignment fundamentals including steering axis inclination, setback, toe, camber and caster.
- Four Wheel alignment
15 week course
2 days a week
5 hours per day 8:00am to 2:00pm
Class room lecture of 75 hours
Laboratory and shop of 75 hours
On job training of 225 hours