A course designed to provide shop safety and environmental concerns related to the use of refrigerants and antifreeze.
- Review of basic electrical circuits.
- Understanding of temperature and pressure fundamentals.
- Types of refrigerants.
- Operation of the refrigeration systems both TXV and orfice tubes designs.
- Evacuation and recharging.
- Diagnosis using air conditioning gaugesnd and temperature gauge.
- How to locate leaks and repair them.
- Operation and service of engine cooling and comfort heating systems.
- Pressure testing cooling systems and how to repair leaks.
- How to test, diagnosis and repair cooling fans both clutch type and electric.
- Operation and service of air flow case and duct system manual and electronic.
- How to replace cabin air filters.
15 week course
2 days a week
5 hours per day 8:00am to 2:00pm
Class room lecture of 75 hours
Labatory and shop of 75 hours
On job training of 225 hours